From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Advair® coupons can help patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) save on their Advair Diskus® or Advair HFA® prescription costs. These savings can be found online through the official Advair® website. Patients can print a coupon at home multiple times for continued savings on monthly Advair® prescriptions. In addition to money-saving coupons and other discounts, patients may also qualify for one of the Advair patient assistance programs or get free samples from their physicians.
Advair®, made by GlaxoSmithKline, is composed of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol. It comes in both powdered and aerosol form.
Flickr: Asthma Helper
|Brand name for||Fluticasone and salmeterol|
|Uses||Prevents asthma attacks and flare-ups or worsening of COPD|
|Types of coupons||Dollars-off discounts, 30-day free Advair® trial|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Advair® is a prescription medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, and is available as Advair Diskus® or Advair HFA®. It is used to prevent asthma attacks, and to prevent flare-ups as well as the progression of COPD. Among asthma patients, it is only recommended when inhaled corticosteroids or other long-term asthma treatments have been ineffective. Advair® is not for sudden asthma attacks.
The most common Advair® side effects include respiratory infections, vocal changes, throat irritation, coughing, headache and upset stomach. Since Advair® may suppress the normal activity of the immune system, patients who take it may experience life-threatening reactions to mild illnesses such as chickenpox or measles. Salmeterol, one of the medications in Advair®, has also been linked to increases in blood pressure and heart rate.
Advair Patient Assistance Programs and Coupons
- The official Advair® website offers a $10 printable coupon to apply towards a prescription refill of Advair®. Patients do not have to sign up for anything to access the free coupon. Consumers may click on the "Print Coupon Now" icon from the "Coupon and Specials" section of the website to get the coupon.
- Patients can also sign up for Advair's free "Breathe Easier Program". Once they have signed up, they can get their first prescription for Advair® free. This offer is good for new prescriptions only and is a 30-day free trial offer that can be printed from home once a patient signs up for the program. The voucher is sent by e-mail. Breathe Easier members receive additional discounts and special offers throughout the year. They also get tips on how to ease the effects of COPD.
- GlaxoSmithKline offers patient assistance programs to qualifying Advair® patients, giving them the opportunity to pay just $10 a month for their initial prescription. Free refills are sent to physician's offices for patients to collect. Patients can download the application online from the official Bridges to Access website.
- The Together Rx Access drug savings card can provide discounted Advair® to qualified patients. The card is offered to patients who are not eligible for Medicare and have no insurance coverage for prescriptions. Income limits range from $45,000 a year for singles to $90,000 for families of four annually. The card can save patients between 25 and 40% off the regular cost of Advair.
- Advair® coupons are sometimes available in magazines.