From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Advair® is a prescription steroid bronchodilator medication. The drug is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline. It is used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, also known as COPD, and to prevent asthma attacks. Advair® is available as Advair Diskus® or Advair HFA®. Advair should not be used to treat sudden, severe symptoms of COPD. A rescue inhaler medicine should take care of sudden symptoms. Advair Diskus Patient Assistance Programs are available for those patients experiencing financial difficulties. Patients can receive their Advair Diskus® for just $10 a month for up to a year through the GlaxoSmithKline Bridges to Access program. Those who have been prescribed Advair Diskus® by their physicians can learn about the Bridges to Access program, as well as other savings opportunities to help lower the cost of their drug therapy.
Flickr: Asthma Helper
|Brand name for||Fluticasone and salmeterol|
|Available through||GlaxoSmithKline's Bridges to Access program|
|Eligibility||Must not have prescription drug coverage, must be a citizen of the United States or her territories, must earn an annual income of 250% or less of the federal Poverty Level, etc.|
|Benefits||$10 prescription medication per month for up to a year|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Advair Diskus Patient Assistance Programs
There are three main programs that help patients afford their Advair Diskus® medication:
- The Bridges to Access patient assistance program, offered through GlaxoSmithKline. To be eligible for this program, patients must not have prescription drug coverage, must live in the U.S. or territories, and must earn at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level. Patients who qualify will receive their medication for just $10 a month for up to a year. For additional information, patients can sign up by visiting the official Bridges to Access website and obtaining an application.
- A $10 Off Coupon can be downloaded and printed from the official Advair Diskus® website, and then the coupon can be redeemed at the pharmacy when filling the patient's prescription.
- The Breathe Easier Program provides Advair® patients with all the latest special offers and discounts available for Advair®. This includes the patient's first month's supply of Advair free of charge. To sign up, visit the official Advair Diskus® website.
Advair Free Samples
Advair Diskus Information
Advair® is the brand name for a which is a combination of fluticasone and salmeterol. Advair® works by relaxing muscles in the patient's airways, which results in improved breathing. Patients are often prescribed Advair Diskus® and Advair HFA® for COPD or asthma. Common side effects that may be experienced while taking the drug include, but are not limited to:
- Thrush in the mouth or throat
- Hoarseness or deepened voice
- Muscle and bone pain
Also See: Symbicort, Patient Assistance Programs, Advair Free Samples, Advair Coupons, Pulmicort Coupons, Combivent Coupons, Steroid Side Effects, Advair Side Effects, Prednisone Side Effects, Benadryl Coupons, Symbicort Free Samples, Asthma Coupons