From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Albuterol is a short-acting bronchodilator which is prescribed to relieve wheezing, difficulty breathing and tightness in the chest that can be caused by lung conditions such as asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Albuterol is inhaled through a nebulizer or portable inhaler. Albuterol coupons can help to defray the cost of purchase of this prescription asthma medication. In addition, free samples or patient assistance programs can help patients save on albuterol.
|Phone number||(800) 272-5525|
|Also sold under brand names||Ventolin, Aerolin, Ventorlin, Asthalin, Proventil, ProAir|
|Brand name manufacturers||GlaxoSmithKline, Cipla, Schering-Plough, Teva|
|Uses||Relax and open air passages for easier breathing|
|Types of coupons||Pharmacy codes, print and online printable coupons|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by Pharmacy Drug Guide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
As a bronchodilator, albuterol relaxes muscles in air passages to the lungs to increase air flow and make breathing easier. It is used to treat or prevent bronchospasm in those with reversible obstructive airway disease, and to prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm.
Albuterol is administered in tablet, syrup and solution forms. The tablets and syrup are typically taken three or four times a day. Albuterol is also available as an aerosol inhaler. While albuterol works to control the symptoms of breathing problems, it does not cure either asthma or COPD.
Albuterol Patient Assistance Programs and Coupons
- Health care providers will be familiar with available albuterol coupons and discounts, and may also be able to provide free medication samples. Doctors can also request samples from pharmaceutical companies that make albuterol products.
- Drug manufacturers offer prescription assistance for brand name albuterol products:
- Patients who have been prescribed Combivent and are without health insurance, or those enrolled in Medicare Part D, may qualify for either the Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation Patient Assistance Program or the Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation Patient Assistance Program For Medicare Beneficiaries. 
- GlaxoSmithKline offers a patient assistance program called GSKforYou.com, which can help patients without prescription coverage to obtain Ventolin. 
- Merck offers $15 off up to six prescriptions of Proventil to eligible patients.
- A patient assistance program is available from Teva Respiratory for eligible patients who use ProAir.
Also See: Albuterol, Albuterol and Pregnancy, Albuterol Side Effects, Pulmicort Coupons, Symbicort Coupons, Combivent Coupons, Singulair Free Samples, Pulmicort Free Samples, Singulair Coupons, Allegra Coupons, Spiriva Coupons, Advair Free Samples