From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Using Lamictal® coupons, printable Lamictal® coupon offers, drug manufacturer's rebates, co-pay assistance and patient assistance programs can help reduce the cost of a patient's Lamictal® prescription.
Lamictal®, or lamotrigine, is an ant-convulsant manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline that treats bipolar disorder and certain types of seizures associated with epilepsy or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Lamictal® works by reducing abnormal excitement in the brain. Lamictal® can lengthen the time in between seizures, as well as bouts of depression, mania and mood swings in bipolar patients. Lamicatal® is also available in an extended release formulation, as Lamictal® XR.
|Brand name for||Lamotrigine|
|Uses||To treat bipolar disorder and certain types of seizures in patients with epilepsy and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.|
|Types of coupons||Discounts, printable coupons, promotional offers and GlaxoSmithKline prescription support programs|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
How to Find Lamictal Coupons
Lamictal Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- GlaxoSmithKline offers a program that enables patients to save $50 a month for twelve months on a prescription for Lamictal® XR. The applications is available on the Lamictal® XR official site, lamictalxr.com
- Patients may be able to get coupons or free Lamictal® samples from doctors.
- GlaxoSmithKline offers patient assistance programs for patients who need help paying for their medications. Eligible patients may be able to get free Lamictal®. There are two GSK Lamictal Patient Assistance Programs.
- The first is Bridges to Access, which is for those who do not have prescription drug insurance and whose incomes fall below 250% of the national poverty level. Patients can access the application online or by calling 866-728-4368.
- GSK also operates GSK Access, which accepts patients on Medicare Part D as long as they have spent a minimum amount on prescription drugs and meet income guidelines. The GSK Access phone number is 866-518-4357.
Lamictal® is a brand of lamotrigine and is in the class of drugs called anticonvulsants. Lamictal® (lamotrigine) and ODT anti-epileptic medication is available by prescription only. Lamotrigine may be prescribed to treat bipolar disorder to increase the length of time between mood episodes. It may also be prescribed along with other medications to treat certain types of seizures such as partial seizures and primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures.
Common Lamictal® side effects include diarrhea, constipation, blurred vision, double vision, dizziness, decreased coordination, headache, drowsiness, weight loss, tiredness, upset stomach, stomach pain, vomiting, and sleeping problems. Drinking alcohol on Lamictal® can increase drowsiness. In rare cases, Lamictal® patients may become suicidal.
This anticonvulsant medication is available in various formulations:
- Lamictal® lamotrigine Tablets 25 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg
- Lamictal® lamotrigine Chewable Dispersible Tablets
- Lamictal® ODT lamotrigine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
Also See: Lamictal Free Samples, Lamictal Patient Assistance Programs, Depakote, Depakote Side Effects, Gabapentin, Gabapentin Coupons, Gabapentin Side Effects, Keppra Side Effects, Lyrica Coupons, Lyrica Side Effects, Neurontin Side Effects, Marijuana and Bipolar Disorder, Cymbalta Coupons