From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Lamictal® is a prescription anticonvulsant medication manufactured by the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline. It is used to treat seizures in adults and children over the age of two, and adults suffering from bipolar disorder. Lamictal® helps decrease electrical activity in the brain that causes seizures and bipolar symptoms. The medication is sold as a pill or as a dissolving tablet for those who have trouble swallowing.
Lamictal® patient assistance programs are offered through GlaxoSmithKline's Bridges to Access program, and provide financial help to patients in need. This includes free and discounted Lamictal® for up to a year for qualified patients. Additional assistance is provided by other programs, including a drug savings card.
|Brand name for||Lamotrigine|
|Available through||GSK for You|
|Address||Bridges to Access, P.O. Box 29038, Phoenix, AZ 85038-9038|
|Eligibility||Varies from program to program, most of which require applicants live in the United States or Washington DC and meet certain income requirements|
|Benefits||Free and discounted medicine|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Lamictal® is the brand name for lamotrigine, and is used in the treatment of epilepsy in adults and children as well as bipolar disorder in adults. The medication was first approved by the [[FDA|Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1994, and is available in 15, mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, and 200 mg formulations. It is typically administered once daily for extended release, and once or twice daily for tablets, chewable tablets, and orally disintegrating tablets. Common side effects associated with Lamictal® include, but are not limited to:
- Blurred vision
- Lack of coordination
- Difficulty sleeping
- Pain in the back or abdomen
- Problems speaking
Lamictal Patient Assistance Programs
GlaxoSmithKline's main patient assistance program, Bridges to Access, offers free and discounted Lamictal® for eligible patients for up to a year. Once a patient qualifies, they will likely have to pay a low co-pay at their local pharmacy for the first month's supply. After that, the Lamictal® refills will arrive by mail free of charge. Eligibility is determined by the following:
- Patients must reside in one of the 50 U.S. states or Washington D.C.
- Patients must not have insurance that covers prescription drugs
- Patients must meet certain income requirements. For example, patients in the lower 48 states and Washington DC cannot make more than $2,327.08 per month for individuals, $3,152,08 for couples, $3,977 for families of three, and $4,802.08 for families of four. Patients living in Hawaii must make at or below $2,679.17 per month for individuals, $3,627.08 for couples, $4,575 for families of three, and $5,622.92 for families of four. Patients living in Alaska must not make more than $2,010.41 a month for individuals, $3,941.67 a month for couples, $4,972.92 for families of three, and $6,004.17 for families of four.
Patients who need their medication immediately will have to have their advocate apply for them by phone. Advocates are someone involved in the delivery of a patient's healthcare, including their doctor, a social worker, or healthcare provider. The advocate must apply by contacting 866-728-4368. If patients do not need their medicine immediately, they can apply themselves by mail. Applications can be downloaded from the official GlaxoSmithKline's Bridges to Access website. Once completed, applications can be mailed to:
Bridges to Access P.O. Box 29038 Phoenix , AZ 85038-9038
GSK Access is another patient assistance program covering Lamictal® for patients who have Medicare Part D, and have also paid $600 in out-of-pocket expenses during the current calendar year. In order to qualify, patients must also live in Washington DC or one of the 50 U.S. states, and meet certain income requirements.
In addition to the manufacturer's program, other plans are available to assist Lamictal® patients:
- Together Rx Access: This drug discount card provides savings to patients with no prescription coverage who earn under $45,000 per year for singles, or a sliding scale of up to $105,000 for families of five.
Also See: Patient Assistance Programs, Lamictal Side Effects, Lamictal Free Samples, Lamictal Coupons, Keppra Coupons, Abilify Coupons, Cymbalta Coupons, Abilify Patient Assistance Programs, Gabapentin, Gabapentin Side Effects, Seroquel Patient Assistance Programs