From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Mucinex® coupons help save consumers money on Mucinex® or Mucinex® DM, including dollars-off savings on select Mucinex products. Coupons are available online, or through in-store printed coupons or weekly ad inserts from pharmacies. Free Mucinex® may also be available in trial-sized samples, which can be obtained through a patient's doctor or healthcare provider. Health discount plans may also provide less expensive sources for Mucinex®.
Mucinex® is an over-the-counter, or OTC, medication used in the treatment of sinus and chest congestion. It is a brand of guaifenesin, and is in a class of medications known as expectorants. Mucinex® thins and loosens mucus in the air passages, allowing patients to cough up the mucus more easily, clearing the airways.
Flickr: Chelsea Oakes
|Brand name for||Guaifenesin|
|Manufacturer||Reckitt Benckiser Inc.|
|Uses||Helps eliminate mucus by loosening and thinning it out, promoting a more productive cough and expulsion of excess mucus|
|Types of coupons||Dollars off, percentages off|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Mucinex Coupons and Free Samples
- Mucinex® is offering a coupon good for $1 off of Mucinex® or Mucinex® DM on their Facebook page. In order to get the coupon, consumers must be registered with Facebook and must "Like" the Mucinex® page.
- Consumers can visit the official Mucinex® website and select the Click here icon at the bottom left hand corner of the page to learn more about products from Reckitt Benckiser. This will open a new window for HomeSolutionsNews. At the bottom of the page, consumers can check out the latest contests, coupons, and sweepstakes offers, or they can select the option to sign up for the company's e-mail. Sign-up is free, and will allow consumers to select the products they want discounts and deals for, including Mucinex®.
- There are not always coupons immediately available for Mucinex® on the site; however, consumers can register to get the company's e-mail newsletter, which includes printable coupons for products including Mucinex.
- Some pharmacies such as Walgreens or CVS offer monthly, in-store coupon books or weekly ad circulars that contain dollars-off savings and coupons for various products in their stores. This includes occasional $1-2 off discounts on select Mucinex® products. To obtain weekly ad circulars, customers can check their local Sunday newspaper or pick one up at the front entrance of the store.
- The active ingredient in Mucinex®, guaifenesin, is available in generic form. Stores such as CVS sell their own Mucinex® knock-offs, which contain the same active ingredient. In many cases, generic or drug-store-brand guaifenesin is cheaper than brand-name Mucinex®, even with a coupon. Generic drugs are held up to the same FDA standards for quality and effectiveness, and are the equivalent of their more-expensive counterparts.
Mucinex® is an FDA-approved expectorant medication that lasts up to 12 hours, helping the user get rid of excess mucus so they can breathe more easily. Mucinex® is available in several different products, including:
- Mucinex® and Maximum Strength Mucinex®
- Mucinex® DM and Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM
- Mucinex® D and Maximum Strength Mucinex D
- Mucinex® Full Force Nasal Spray
- Mucinex® Moisture Smart Nasal Spray
- Mucinex® Cough Mini-Melts - Orange Creme
- Mucinex® Mini-Melts - Grape and Bubble Gum flavors
- Mucinex® Liquid Grape
- Mucinex® Cough Liquid Cherry
- Mucinex® Cold Liquid Mixed Berry
- Mucinex® Fast Max Liquids in several combinations
Mucinex® has few side effects when taken in the recommended dose, but in some cases it can cause nausea, vomiting, and headache. Mucinex® DM also contains dextromethorphan, which can cause dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness or restlessness in addition to the above side effects.
Also See: Robitussin Coupons, Nyquil Coupons, Zyrtec Coupons, Sudafed Coupons, Tamiflu Coupons, Aspirin Coupons, Mucinex Side Effects, Claritin Coupons