From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Nexium® is a prescription heartburn relief medication. It is the brand name for esomeprazole magnesium, which is used to reduce the amount of acid in the stomach. Nexium® patient assistance programs can allow patients who are prescribed Nexium® to save on their medication costs. These savings are available through the pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca, or through other discount methods such as coupons or free samples.
Flickr: Rennett Stowe
|Brand name for||Esomeprazole magnesium|
|Eligibility||Must meet certain income, copay, and/or insurance|
|Benefits||Free Nexium® for up to a year, or up to $50 savings each month for a year|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Nexium® is available to patients as a 24-hour heartburn relief pill, taken once daily by mouth. The drug is used to treat conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Nexium® can provide heartburn relief, as well as help to heal possible damage associated with acid reflux. Common side effects patients may experience while using Nexium® include headache, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
About Patient Assistance Programs
Nexium Patient Assistance Programs
AstraZeneca offers patients several ways to save money on their prescription Nexium® costs. The pharmaceutical company offers two patient assistance programs that provide free medication for up to a year, and a Purple Plus Savings Card that offers savings of up to $50 a month.
- AZ&Me Prescription Savings Programs (without insurance). This program offers free Nexium® to those patients that meet specified income requirements, and have no prescription insurance coverage. Income requirements are as follows:
- $30,000 or less (single)
- $40,000 or less (family of two)
- $50,000 or less (family of three)
- $60,000 or less (family of four)
- $70,000 or less (family of five)
- AZ&Me Prescription Savings Programs (with Medicare Part D). Medicare D patients may also be able to get free Nexium® for up to a year if they earn $30,000 or less a year for individuals and $40,000 or less a year for couples, and if they spent 3% or more of their income the previous year on medication.
Nexium Purple Plus Savings Card
This card provides eligible patients savings based off their insurance copay. Patients with a copay of at least $18 may receive up to $50 in savings on their copay each time they fill a Nexium® prescription, up to 12 times per year. Patients without insurance coverage may receive up to $50 in savings when they fill their prescription.
Patients can determine if they qualify by visiting the official Nexium® website, or by calling 1.800.4.NEXIUM. If a patient qualifies, they can print their card from the official website. Then, they can present the card, along with their prescription, at their local pharmacy.
Also See: Patient Assistance Programs, Nexium Free Samples, Nexium Side Effects, Nexium Coupons, Aciphex Coupons, Prevacid Coupons, Prilosec Coupons, Caltrate Coupons, Zantac Coupons, Zegerid Coupons, Prilosec Free Samples, Prevacid Free Samples, Aciphex Free Samples, Cymbalta Coupons