From Pharmacy Drug Guide
Seroquel®, a brand name for quetiapine, is an antipsychotic drug manufactured by AstraZeneca that treats the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Seroquel® can cost up to $250 for a month's supply. Using Seroquel® coupons, printable coupon discounts, drug manufacturer's rebates, and patient assistance programs can help reduce the cost of your Seroquel® prescription.
|Brand name for||Quetiapine|
|Uses||To treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorders, and as an add-on medication to treat depression.|
|Types of coupons||Discounts, printable coupons, promotional offers and AstraZeneca prescription support programs|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by PharmacyDrugGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Seroquel XR Patient Assistance Programs and Coupons
- AstraZeneca offers a prescription savings card that can be used to help with a co-pay. If you are eligible, you will get up to $75 off the total cost per prescription refill after paying the first $25..
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals also provides access to patient assistance programs for eligible patients who cannot afford their prescription Seroquel® medication. Information on the discount support program is available from the AZ&Me Prescription Savings Programs. These support programs are designed to help patients who have no insurance, people with Medicare Part D, and for patients through healthcare facilities.
- Printable coupons and promo codes are sometimes available online at internet coupon vendor websites.
- Discount drug coupon offers for Seroquel XR® may also be available from your doctor or in national health and medical magazines.
- Doctors may have free samples of Seroquel® available. Companies like AstraZeneca often provide samples of new and existing medications to doctors and healthcare providers.
Seroquel® is the trade name for the generic drug quetiapine, and is in a drug class called atypical antipsychotics. Quetiapine is available as a regular tablet and as an extended-release tablet. This medication may be prescribed alone, with additional medicines, or as part of a total treatment program to treat symptoms of schizophrenia and manic depression disorder (bipolar disorder). Seroquel XR® extended-release tablets may also be prescribed with other drugs to treat depression. Seroquel® and Seroquel XR® are not approved to treat elderly patients with dementia related psychosis.
Common Seroquel® side effects include dry mouth, indigestion, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, constipation, stomach pain, stomach swelling, headache, irritability, unusual dreams, decreased sexual desire, and loss of coordination.